Today we are CELEBRATING two years of this blog with a big, fat cake!!!! Please eat a piece for me as I am unable to eat cakes with cream and all those delicious unhealthy ingredients.
I think that two years of blogging is quite a journey and a milestone and so today I would like to tell you what I have learned about blogging over this time.
- Write from your heart
- Don’t compare yourself to other bloggers
- Write because you enjoy it and not because it’s the right or fashionable thing to do
- Don’t stop writing or become demotivated if your reader base is not as high as you would like it to be
- Ensure you know your reason for blogging i.e. enjoyment or financial
- Determine how often you want to blog and when and then stick to the timetable. If you are unable to blog for some or other reason, put a note onto your blog site and explain to the readers. They are quite understanding.
I have learned loads of things during these 2 years and blogging started out for me as a way to learn WordPress. I soon discovered a love for writing that I didn’t know I had and what’s more it came easily to me! I’ve never had to spend more than half an hour on a blog from writing to publishing. For me blogging is a cathartic experience and I actually don’t mind whether I have one reader or 1000 readers. All I care about is helping one person at a time. If the new VA’s or seasoned demotivated VA’s have had new life breathed into them to carry on with their business or start up their own business, then I consider my blog a success.
I would like to thank each and every one of you MOST SINCERELY for supporting me during this time and letting me know whether you enjoyed or did not enjoy a blog. Your comments have meant a lot to me. I have received loads of emails from readers that have not been published as the emails were sent to me privately but I have kept them and when I get a bit “down” I re-read them. My blog has been read by hundreds of people over the 2 years representing 26 countries. Thank you for your support! Please keep your comments rolling as they are appreciated.
Let’s raise a glass to Two Years of Blogging! Cheers!!
See you on line,