Good morning Readers and Welcome to Week 52 of my journey as a Virtual Assistant. One year of weekly blogging – who would have thought it? One year has gone so quickly. It feels like yesterday that I started this blog and I must tell you a secret. You are the reason I have been diligent about it. Without your support, comments and feedback, I may as well have been talking to a Wall. Remember the movie “Shirley Valentine” where she spent a lot of her day talking to the Wall in her Kitchen? So thank you for your support!
Weeks 46 and 47 speak about supporting one another but this blog post is about supporting ourselves. Don’t you love Katharine Hepburn’s quote? No one can argue when we say that being a Virtual Assistant is extremely interesting! Why?
- We have a variety of clients
- Because we have a variety of clients, we have a variety of work. I don’t know about you but my working day is spent doing things from email marketing campaigns to formatting documents. We aren’t stuck in a groove doing the same old thing every day. If we are involved with a speciality such as website design, you can bet your bottom dollar that those virtual assistants are so in love with website design and really enjoy what they do that they don’t mind doing it all day!
- We have a flexible routine – how cool is it to wake up to a beautiful day and decide to go for a walk up the mountain or at the beach. Then we go to our home offices and work away. No questions asked.
- Because we ENJOY ourselves, this makes life interesting.
- We create our own bottom line and this does make life a roller coaster of emotions – extreme high’s and extreme low’s. We need to aim for somewhere inbetween.
I think the VA’s reading this blog post will agree that we all love what we do and our work life is interesting.
To the potential VA’s out there, get on the roller coaster – you won’t be sorry!
To the potential clients out there, take the plunge and hire yourself a VA – you won’t be sorry!
We have all had someone along our journey that has said to us: “Are you going to get a job at some stage?” The quote below is a GREAT quote:
“The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.” Walter Bagehot
See you on line,