“Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life”
FIND YOUR SECRET KEY .com
Open the door to the light of joyful living
Good morning and welcome!
I saw this on Facebook and thought I need to write a blog post about it. “It’s all a question of Balance”! How many of you have tried doing ball work at Pilates? The first time I tried sitting on a Pilates big ball I fell off after a couple of seconds. It took a few classes for me to sit on the ball but eventually I started balancing on the ball and was comfortable exercising on it.
Having our own businesses particularly as Virtual Assistants working predominantly from home is a balancing act. If you have a family it’s that much worse. I have found that it is so tempting to get up early to check emails or want to quickly do a bit of social media before going to bed; not a good idea. We need to get our priorities right.
How does one balance work and home life working from home? Well here are a few ideas based on personal experience:
- Have regular working hours that you set and that fit your schedule and lifestyle
- Devote certain times of the day to checking emails
- Devote certain times of the week to doing social media and marketing
- Automate as much as possible
- If you work from a space in your lounge (like I do) then throw a tablecloth over your work station at the end of your day; this has the same result as closing the door (seriously)
- Refrain from the urge to check your emails on your cell phone once you have “shut shop” for the day
- Have regular exercise routines even if it is a walk around the block
- Eat healthily
- TAKE TIME OUT for your family and most of all for yourself
Over and out. Class dismissed.
See you on line,